My Hidden Self

You might say I am crazy, 
You might say I am wrong, 
But the truth is something different, 
I am just tired of being strong. 

When you see me smiling, 
Have you ever thought? 
My life is not so different from yours, 
There are many problems that I have fought. 

Why should I keep myself hidden? 
Why should I plaster a smile? 
Why should I not look tired, 
Even after walking for a mile? 

Why should I look good for others? 
Why should I say I am fine? 
Why can't they all understand
that my feelings are completely mine? 

If people see me crying, 
Why should they make a joke? 
Oh tell me O people, tell me for once, 
Is it so good to mock? 

Why then, when you are feeling sad
and someone makes fun of you, 
You feel hurt even if you know, 
That what they had said was not true? 

Am I not a human too? 
Am I so different from others? 
Why do I feel like a stranger, 
When we are all sisters and brothers? 

I am not as brave as you think, 
I am not happy as I look, 
You don't know, for to look like this, 
How much strength of mine it took. 

I won't continue anymore, 
I don't wanted to hide myself, 
But there are others who just because of you, 
have hidden their very true self. 

~Mystery Night

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Fear

Life: real or dream?